Friday 6 December 2013

How To: The Perfect Winged Liner (Shannon Leathem's Edition)

Hey guys,

So I know I didn't post yesterday but it's because I didn't have time to. It's exam season in UCD right now and I am up to my ear in work. My friend and I get up every morning at 7am just to be at the Quinn study area for 8am. This is what you call leaving things until last minute and I'd be blatantly lying if I said it will never occur again hehe ;)

Swiftly moving on I've got a great "How To" blog post here for you guys. Shannon's back with her pretty face and exquisite makeup skills- I still can't get over the fact that she hasn't professionally studied makeup, she is too good at it!


Now let's face it I know a lot of you girls cannot do winged liner to save your lives and neither can I if I'm honest so thank God for people who can show us exactly what to do. IF this is you below, I urge you to please, for your own sake, read on hehe.

Lots of love
-Mizzmoi X



STEPS



1. Starting at the middle of your upper lid, draw a line as closely to your lashes as possible stopping at the edge of your eye. Short strokes are advised if you're a beginner.

2. Now start at the inner corner of your eye and draw a line that meets the first line you just drew.

3. Creating a wing is the easier part of the process, simply line your hand to the last of your lashes and draw a line at the angle you prefer.

4. Now bring your liner back up to your upper lash line, creating an empty triangle that ends at the middle of your lash line.

5. Colour in the triangle with your liner.

6. Add 2-3 coats of volume mascara to create a neat, sexy look.


Mizzmoi's Tip: This takes a lot of practice to perfect so don't get too upset if you don't get it right on the first go.

Shannon's Tip: Try and draw the line as closely to your lash line as possible to avoid mistakes. Don't try and draw the line in one stroke, do it inch by inch and take your time!



Products


  • Ceatrice Mascara- Penneys €4.49
  • Cattrice liquid liner- Penneys €3.89
Share

1 comment:

  1. love winged eyeliner! thanks for sharing!

    www.miouprincesslovespink.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete