Monday 2 November 2015

Life | Abstract


Today in this moment I am happy. Not because anything special happened to me. I didn't win the lottery. I didn't leave the country and I certainly didn't find love in a hopeless place. But I'm happy because I choose to be. Self awareness is the most liberating concept in the freaking world. I am a lot of things. Stylish, charismatic, creative, chatty, sensitive, cynical, pessimistic, un-relatable, blunt.  Recently I've found myself embracing all of these traits, not treating them as strengths or flaws but simply recognising them as who I am. Knowing that It is okay to accept every single thing about myself in a world that aggressively promotes rejection is liberating. It makes me want to break barriers and let the world in. It makes me want to soar.

I don't believe people have the ability to change who they are. Improvise, reconstruct, yes but who you are within will never change. You simply cannot wipe the painting on a canvas clean. But what you can do is add more paint to turn it into what you want it to be. This is what I hope to do. To paint beautifully an abstract art of everything that I am and everything I aspire to be. I look forward to seeing the end result. I look forward to liberating myself. 
Share

1 comment:

  1. Winning the lottery can liberate from the daily routine burden, but will hardly liberate the inner-self. But sure it will add more paints to life. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete