Sunday 19 October 2014

Lookbook | Serendipity

Photo credit: Kamile Kvaukaite

Hello beautiful people! It's good to see your face around here again. I hope all is well with you and you're enjoying your saturday as much as I am. AKA not enjoying it at all. I've just spent the day trying (and failing) to study for a huge Micro Economics exam on Monday. If you're studying Commerce in UCD, I know you feel my pain. Moving on, this week has been hectic for me in general, UCD has no sympathy. I'm afraid I won't be blogging as much as I'd like to next week but believe me when I say I have many things planned for the following week. Anyway here I am with another peculiar epiphany for you. It all began when my friends and I lunched in Starbucks on a rainy Friday afternoon. Being the strange people we are, a question came up and for the first time in my life, I actually did not have an answer for it. 
Do you live for your CV or do you live for your Eulogy?
It got to you too right? I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's struggling to answer this question honestly. What if I said I live for neither? Some of you might know that I like to travel a lot. If I could make a living from travelling around the world and meeting new people, I would do it. The first thing that I pay attention to are the people in the cities I visit. If you find me staring at you for longer than 7 seconds, you must know that yes at first I'm assessing your outfit but second I'm trying to solve the puzzle of who you are in my mind. Often a times you will find me 'people watching' from the balconies of restaurants, observing and taking subconscious note. 
Other times you will find me contemplating what kind of person would be interested in my blog and how I can influence their lives for the better. Heck, some of you must think I write this blog as some sort of outlet- which is true- but It is also so much more than that. I write this blog for you as my contribution to society. If I help you form the kind of person you want to be through deciding what opinions of mine you agree or disagree with, then I am very satisfied and content with what I do. 
There's nothing I enjoy more than meeting interesting people that make me question aspects of life I would never have thought of on my own, striking up a conversation, sharing thoughts, experiences and best of all laughter.  So what if I told you I live for the people? Cliche. Except I don't think so at all. Or you might think isn't that the same as living for your eulogy? Absolutely not. The difference is I do not care much for what people have to say of me whilst I'm dead and cannot respond. I care about whether I can make you see something in a different light. Let this sink in, It's much easier to chase your dreams than It is to chase anything that is beyond that surface.


Trends & Outfit details: If there's one thing I will be stocking up on this Winter, It's turtle necks in every chic colour imaginable. Burgundy, navy, camel, grey, ah I can see it already. When I think about turtle necks, I think of black coffee on a busy Monday morning and shortcake biscuits on a Sunday afternoon. They're comfortable and very easy to style (pair them with a  pleated leather skirt, cigarette pants or ripped jeans). The black turtle neck in my photos is actually a sweater dress from Forever 21, I tucked it into my black bubble skirt from the Savida Collection in Dunnes Stores. The striped jacket is also from the Savida collection. I quite like that It is a few sizes too big as wearing it on my shoulders (you know the feeling) is a little more easier than some of my other blazers. You already know that I revel in sophistication sans the simplicity so one of my favourite things to do when picking out an outfit is to mix patterns and textures. The ring you see is from New Look. I don't wear a lot of jewellery on the daily but I like to add a little something here and there and I think this ring does the outfit justice. The Victoria Beckham bag is a borrowed piece from my sister's wardrobe. Please excuse that hideous hair bobbin on my wrist, I moronically forgot to take it off. Sigh. The lipstick is from Kate Moss' collection, courtesy of my best friend, Kamile- Aciu darling friend. 

I hope you enjoyed this article to some degree. What are your thoughts? I'd love to know here. Stay productive and enjoy your week ahead.

Keeping it interesting
-Ayisha x 

Share

3 comments:

  1. First of all - love the outfit, that jacket is gorgeous on you. Secondly, I don't think living for the people is cliche at all. I think it shows that you're interesting in others (and in helping others) which is great on so many levels. In my opinion, living for the people is much more interesting than living for work. Good luck with your exams :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving stripes this season! Best of luck in your exams! X

    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous look and post! I absolutely love the simplicity of this outfit and personally the hair bobbin on your wrist works with the style lol...I never would've guessed it wasn't supposed to be there! You're friend takes great pictures of you by the way :)

    ReplyDelete