Tuesday 23 September 2014

Lookbook | Autumn Blues

Hey you! It's good to see your face around here once again. How are you guys doing? I hope you are well. YES I'm finally back with a new article for you. The last 2-3 weeks have been fairly hectic for me as I've just returned to University and I'm also currently busy organising my 4 month stay in Canada next Spring. I'd like to say my course modules this semester have captured my uninterrupted attention but that would be me perfecting my skills of lying to future employers. 40% of it is not interesting but I can't wait to be able to utilise it one day and hopefully create something good out of it. Anyway today we're going to discuss Autumn/ Winter trends such as floppy hats, how to rock body con skirts, outfit details as per usual and a little something about cheating life. 




It seems that floppy/bowler hats have been a trend for centuries now and if my predictions are correct, they are not going anywhere. What I especially love about this accessory is that It adds sophistication to every outfit whether it be jeans and a t-shirt or cigarette pants and a blazer. In terms of colour I would recommend black, camel, navy or burgundy red because richer colours are more tasteful and eye catching. On the other hand body-con skirts are a little more risqué than most clothing pieces in your wardrobe.  I would suggest buying one that is just above the knee so even if it was to rise up a little bit, you'll still have good coverage. In my lifetime I've seen too many girls wear body cons in an unflattering way and It isn't a pleasant sight. If you have a little extra weight around your midriff, make sure to wear spandex pants, there is nothing wrong with a little bit of packaging. If you also plan on tucking a shirt into a skirt, make sure you pull it down properly to avoid faux muffin tops. 

Moving on to outfit details, I purchased this hat in Forever 21 a couple of weeks ago when I went shopping for key college pieces with my best friend. Believe it or not it was only €7- bargain right? This year, I am absolutely loving everything navy for A/W 14'. As a girl who wears black very often, I think dark colours like navy and grey are great for alternation. I bought this casual royal blue blazer in Dunnes Stores a couple of years ago and I still think it was an excellent investment; you really can't beat the quality of Dunnes Stores' blazers. The button down blouse is also from Dunnes; the collar is the most beautiful part, on it is embroidered pearls and intricate gold balls. The blouse is chiffon and even though it was too big for me, I managed to make it work by tucking it into the skirt neatly.
I have an extensive collection of clothing and I must say this body-con skirt is one of my favourite pieces, I absolutely love the design at the bottom. It is also not straight-lined so It is slightly longer in the back and shorter in the front. My shoes are from Primark; although I wouldn't normally buy shoes in Primark due to their quality, I simply fell in love with these snake print heels the moment I saw them. My favourite thing about them is the ankle strap, I don't think I would have bought them if that little detail wasn't present. It really does tie everything up nicely (pun intended) and adds the perfect touch of exquisiteness and elegance to this outfit. My lipstick is from Wet &Wild and nope, I don't have any eyeliner on those are pretty much the shape of my eyes. Apologies for all of the squinting, the sun was making my eyes really watery. #1stworldproblems

On to the last piece of conversation today, I want to talk about cheating life. As you all know life is full of equal amounts of ups and downs that are allegedly out of our control but suppose there was a way to somehow rectify that. Suppose I told you I know the secret to maximising your highs and minimising your lows; would you want to find out what that is?
"If A is success in life, then A equals X plus Y plus Z. Work is X; Y is play; and Z is keeping your mouth shut."- Albert Einstein
So there you have it, the secret to success from the great Albert Einstein himself. I think if more people would take this advice, the distribution of wealth in the western world would be much less skewed. It is blatantly obvious that the strongest component of success is hard work; however it seems that many people tend to run away from anything that seems impossible to accomplish. Most don't want to succeed as bad as they want to breathe, sleep, or even party. My thoughts? IF you want it bad enough you can make anything happen with consistency, persistency and perseverance.
Play hard. Some people might believe in the terminology "work hard, play harder" but I'd much rather abide by playing hard but working harder. There's nothing wrong with a little bit of fun- dinner with friends, long shopping days where you blow all of your cash without a care in the world, trips around Europe where you meet people who completely intrigue you- these are amongst some of the things I enjoy but only some. I also enjoy writing this blog, styling clothes, contributing to other sites and maintaining a good GPA, which can all be categorised as work but work that I enjoy.
I often find myself talking about the goals I want to achieve and the things I want to do with such confidence that I would achieve them all because I said so. There may be a universe but talking won't get me to the places I want to be, 'doing' will. But here's the reality: the universe seems to listen to me more when I talk less. 
Most importantly, If you really want to cheat life, you must be invisible. Do things slowly but constantly. Sneak up on life one careful step at a time, like a thief in the night.


I hope you guys enjoyed tonight's article, the next one will be released within the next day or two so keep an eye out.

So much love from your girl
-Ayisha

Follow me on social media for a sneak peak of all of my latest projects 

Share

2 comments:

  1. Love that blue colour on you! Amazing pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete