Friday 13 June 2014

Lookbook | Parisian Paradise

Hey loveys,

Do you ever wake up one morning and wish you were french? There's something about the french that has always intrigued me. Is it me or are the french more elegant than 90% of the world? The language alone is so freaking sophisticated, not to talk of French fashion and French food. I stopped over in Paris...

 a few years ago on a long trip to Nigeria but other than that, I've never really been to France. 

Some of you may not know this but I am a major (major) dreamer. I spend at least 30% of my time day dreaming of a life I wish I could have so why not blog about it too? I know, the obsession is real. My ideal day right now would include boarding a plane to Paris with my sister or my friends, enjoying a lovely breakfast on arrival- fresh strawberries just off the market, kiwis, pineapples and mangos- what would you have? After breakfast a little shopping would most definitely be in order, perhaps purchase a cute vintage satchel from a small French boutique. 

Lunch would be at a cosy restaurant that makes you feel like you're at home even though you're miles away. Why not try out the infamous traditional meal of frog feet? Some of you may be wondering why I haven't mentioned site-seeing at all, well that's because I would rather enjoy the scenery in the evening, when the air is less humid and the streets are perhaps quieter. Oh the picturesque images I would capture on my camera! Dinner on the Eiffel tower anyone?

***
SO back to more important things like reality! I filmed this lookbook for you guys two days ago and for the first time in a while, I enjoyed it! My best friend KamilÄ— was my photographer this time- isn't she a natural? I look 5 ft 10 when in reality I'm a mere 5 ft 4. The hardest part of blogging is getting quality pictures so a massive thank you to my girl, these pictures are perfection!

I'm wearing an 'ankara' crop top- a lovely gift from my older sister (thanks sis!). Due to the top having a life of its own, in all its beautiful glory, I decided to keep the rest of the outfit very simple- let me tell you, black is always the way to go if you really want to show off a specific item of clothing. My sunglasses, purse and ring are from Penneys/Primark, (ridiculously cheap) the leggings are from Dunnes and the heels are Jessica Simpson.  

I hope you guys enjoyed this post, I will be filming a lookbook once a week and updating my Lifestyle & HYWI pages constantly so do check back on my blog whenever you can, there'll always be new content!

Love,
Mizzmoi xo

Follow me on social media









Share

No comments:

Post a Comment